New PACER Case Locator Launched!
The PACER Case Locator which allows you to search for court records in all district, bankruptcy, and appellate courts is now available. The Case Locator replaces the U.S. Party/Case Index and provides enhanced search and display capabilities including the ability to:
- request lists of cases for a specified date range by court type;
- conduct searches based on chapter, discharge date and dismissal date for bankruptcy cases;
- access case information for the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation;
- choose result formats, including HTML, delimited text, and XML which can be easily imported to other programs for analysis;
- change the sort order of the results displayed; and
- conduct refined searches within the results of a previous search.
The U.S. Party/Case Index will be available for the next few months to allow you time to become familiar with the capabilities of the new Case Locator. Note that the systems will provide the same results for identical searches.
For questions or comments, contact the PACER Service Center by telephone at (800) 676-6856 or email at email@example.com.